Insurance & Payments
Find a payment solution that works for your budget.
We require full payment at the time of service. Please call us if you have questions about our accepted forms of payment.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- American Express
- Discover Card
- Personal checks (with proper identification)
- Pet insurance (see below)
- CareCredit (see below)
- Scratchpay (see below)
Pet insurance pays, partly or in total, for veterinary treatment of the insured person's ill or injured pet. Some policies will pay out when the pet dies, or if it is lost or stolen.
As veterinary medicine is increasingly employing expensive medical techniques and drugs, and owners have higher expectations for their pets' health care and standard of living than previously, the market for pet insurance has increased.
Pet insurance companies are beginning to offer pet owners more of an ability to customize their coverage by allowing them to choose their own level of deductible or co-insurance. This allows the pet owner to control their monthly premium and choose the level of coverage that suits them the best.
Some of the differences in insurance coverage are:
- Whether congenital and hereditary conditions (like hip dysplasia, heart defects, eye cataracts, or diabetes) are covered;
- How the reimbursement is calculated (based on the actual vet bill, a benefit schedule, or usual and customary rates);
- Whether the deductible is on a per-incident or an annual basis;
- Whether there are any limits or caps applied (per incident, per year, age, or over the pet’s lifetime); and
- Whether there is an annual contract that determines anything diagnosed in the previous year of coverage is considered pre-existing the next year.
If you're looking for a pet insurance provider, we suggest checking out Trupanion.
CareCredit is a healthcare credit card designed to help you pay for your pet’s health and wellness over time instead of having to pay for everything all at once.
Your CareCredit card can be used for a variety of veterinary procedures, including:
- Spay and neutering
- Dental cleaning
- Parasite control and prevention
- Surgical procedures
- And more
Learn more at CareCredit.com.
Check your rate and pick your payment plan (Checking to see if you qualify DOES NOT affect your credit score.
Get your pet the care they need immediately
Scratchpay is designed for the pet parent who wants a simple and easy financing option for any veterinary visit throughout their pet's lives:
Quick, no surprises application process - applying is simple and your plan's terms are presented clearly during application. No hidden fees or prepayment penalties.
Custom payment terms - every situation is unique, so your options will be too.
Easy monthly payments - once you use Scratchpay, the app makes it simple to manage your payments. Autopay is available to set up automatic scheduled monthly payments.
Still have questions? Scratchpay has 24/7 live customer support!
Phone: +1 (855) 727-2395
"I always enjoy my visit to Butler Creek Animal Hospital. Myself and my animals are greeted with love and care from the front office staff to the professional staff. I highly recommend them. My three Corgis love coming to see the staff at Butler Creek because they always feel safe and at home here."